Coronavirus (COVID-19), pregnancy and women’s health
The RCOG is committed to supporting the delivery of high-quality women’s healthcare in the context of COVID-19. We have developed a range of resources to inform and support healthcare professionals and the general public during the pandemic.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection and pregnancy – Clinical guidance and Q&As for the public on COVID-19 and pregnancy, plus guidance on maternity service organisation during the pandemic
Guidance for maternity and antenatal services on service organisation during the COVID-19 pandemic
Antenatal and postnatal care
- Read our guidance for antenatal and postnatal services in the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Read our guidance for antenatal screening and ultrasound in pregnancy in the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Read NHS England’s guidance on fetal growth surveillance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Maternal medicine/pregnant women with additional co-morbidities
- Read our guidance for maternal medicine in the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Read our guidance on self-monitoring of blood pressure in pregnancy
Perinatal mental health
- Read the Royal College of Psychiatrists’ advice on perinatal mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Provision of midwife-led settings and home birth
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and gynaecological services – Guidance from the RCOG and related organisations about gynaecological services during the COVID-19 pandemic
The RCOG and Specialist Societies have developed a range of guidance for gynaecological services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Read the joint RCOG, BSGE and BGCS guidance for the management of abnormal uterine bleeding in the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Read joint RCOG, Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare and British Society of Abortion Care Providers guidance for healthcare professionals on coronavirus (COVID-19) infection and abortion care
- Read the associated Q&As for the public
- Read our guidance for rationalising early pregnancy services in the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Read the associated early pregnancy Q&As for women and their families
- Read Endometriosis UK’s advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and endometriosis
- Read the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority’s guidance for healthcare professionals and the public about fertility treatment during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Read the British Gynaecological Cancer Society framework for the care of patients with gynaecological cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Read the RCOG and British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy statement on gynaecological laparoscopic procedures and COVID-19
Menopause and HRT
- Read the British Menopause Society’s guidance on HRT prescribing during the COVID-19 pandemic
Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
- Read the FSRH’s COVID-19 resources and information for sexual and reproductive healthcare professionals
- Read the FSRH’s advice for women seeking sexual and reproductive healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic
Education, training and CPD during the pandemic – Information and advice about training, education and lifelong learning during the COVID-19 pandemic