Infection Prevention Control guidance outlines what PPE is required to be worn in different situations/scenarios. If clinical staff cannot, for various reasons, wear the fluid resistant surgical mask that has been provided as PPE, then the employer should undertake a risk assessment . Wearing a visor without a face mask or with a face covering instead is not an alternative option. The employer may be able source an alternative make of face mask that they could wear. If the worker cannot wear a face mask at all then it could mean that the staff member may not be able to work in a particular area as they are unable to practice safely wearing the recommended PPE and therefore redeployment may have to be an option.
Search GPNI Resources
- PHA – COVID-19 Vaccination & Thrombosis – NI Update 22/4/21 – Dr Claire Corrigan & Dr Gary Benson
- GPNI Webinar: Safeguarding: Adult Safeguarding
- GPNI Webinar: Osteoporosis Update
- GPNI Webinar: What’s new in Diabetes: Covid-19, virtual working and the Network
- GPNI Webinar: Mental Health Update: Perinatal Mental Health