Infection Prevention Control guidance outlines what PPE is required to be worn in different situations/scenarios. If clinical staff cannot, for various reasons, wear the fluid resistant surgical mask that has been provided as PPE, then the employer should undertake a risk assessment . Wearing a visor without a face mask or with a face covering instead is not an alternative option. The employer may be able source an alternative make of face mask that they could wear. If the worker cannot wear a face mask at all then it could mean that the staff member may not be able to work in a particular area as they are unable to practice safely wearing the recommended PPE and therefore redeployment may have to be an option.
Search GPNI Resources
- GPNI Webinar – “Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) – What you need to know”
- GPNI Webinar – Sharing the Learning… “Running a GP Covid19 vaccination clinic”
- New Models of Prescribing – Physio Pilot Update
- GPNI Wellness / First 5 – Limitations I Can’t do everything
- GPNI Webinar – PAEDIATRIC PRIORITIES DURING COVID-19 (18/6/2020)