Easy Read information
these resources collated by the PHA provides easy read information for people with learning disabilities.
- All about COVID 19 – what does self-isolating mean – Mencap
- All about COVID 19 – what to expect – Mencap
- All about COVID 19 -what does social distancing mean – Mencap
- Good Days and Bad Days During Lockdown – Books beyond words
- Information about Coronavirus – Mencap
- Jack plans ahead for coronavirus – Books beyond Words
- What to expect if someone I know goes to hospital – Mencap
- What Will Happen if I do have COVID-19 – Mencap
- What will happen if i do have to go to hospital – Mencap
- When someone dies from coronavirus – Books beyond words
Advice and guidance for carers of people with learning disabilities and/or Autism
this South Eastern Trust resource provides advice and guidance for those caring for people with learning disabilities and/or autism during Covid 19.
Autism NI have created an ‘Anxiety Resource Pack’ which includes the Body Outline chart, the 5 Point Scale, the Sticky Slimy Thoughts chart and a list of coping tools that individuals can choose from. They also have a ‘Anxiety Resource Pack for Teens’ which includes a list of Coping Tools, a list of useful Apps and an Anxiety Trigger Chart.